Thursday, July 23, 2015

Addictive Cheesy Potatoes and Venison Chili

Howdy folks!

Today's recipes are a little pinterest, and a little of my own tweeks. TJ loved the potatoes, and I loved the chili, so it was a win win.

First up, the potatoes, only because they took a little longer to make:

Ingredients: (makes 4 servings)
2-3 lbs of red potatoes
1/2 - 1 cup of ranch dressing
1 cup shredded mixed cheese
garlic salt


1. Preset oven to 400 degrees
2. fill a large pot with water and set to boil
3. wash unpeeled potatoes and cut into 1 inch chunks
4. put chunks into boiling water and boil for 10-12 minutes
5. drain potatoes, and drizzle ranch over them. toss them in the pot
6. put potatoes in a greased cassarole dish. (I used a metal cake pan lined with foil and sprayed with non stick cooking spray)
7. cover with garlic salt
8. Put in oven for 8-10 minutes and remove
9. Set over to broil.
10. add cheese all over potatoes and broil for 2 minutes

Calories: 688
Carbs: 72
Protein: 18
Sodium: 1281

PERFECTION


Next up, the venison chili!



Our friend gave us a ton of these, so I decided to be creative

I used (Makes about 4 bowls)
1 lb of ground venison
1 oz can of tomato paste
1 can red kidney beans- drained
1 package McCormicks chili seasoning
2 cloves of minced garlic
hot sauce for taste
2 cups mixed cheese

Calories per serving: 310
Protein: 53
Carbs: 28
Sodium: 1099

Begin browning the venison. Do this just like normal ground beef or turkey.
In a large pot, heat up the tomato, garlic, and kidney beans
Add in the package of the chili seasoning. I used McCormicks because its low in sodium
Add in the meat
Stir while adding hot sauce. You know your pallette, and the other's in your home, so adjust to that
Add 1 cup of cheese, and keep stirring. I kept the heat seat to about 6 out of 8 on my stove.

Once everything is good and hot, remove from heat, add to bowl, and garnish with cheese. I served with the potatoes and it was a really hearty dinner! If you want it to be more "stew" texture, I would recommend adding more tomato paste


Any questions, just let me know!
Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment