Wednesday, January 7, 2015

New Year's Resolutions 2015

I do more than one resolution. Why? Because for one, I love making lists. I love checking things off my lists even more. I make at least 1 list a day for work, and I always have lists on my phone: ideas for gifts, adventures, songs I want to download, movies I want to buy, etc.
Last year I am proud to say I did EVERY resolution except for 1:
1. Lose 15 inches--DONE
2. Eat clean for 1 whole month--DONE!
3. Lost 30 lbs by May--DONE..well it was only 15 but...
4. Lost 50 lbs by August-- Lost 35
5. Lost 60 lbs by November-- DONE!
6. Read 2 books a month--DONE!
7. Save $400--this was my resolution that couldn't be kept
8. Graduate with Honors for my Masters-D.O.N.E!
9. Get Roxy spayed--She was so mad at me
10. Get an MRI for my knee--done and hence why I couldn't save $400


This year I wanted to up the ante since I really tried to hit my goals in 2014. Since I wrote all my resolutions on a list that I saw EVERY time I opened up my computer, I was able to keep myself more accountable. So in that same occurence--here are my 2015 resolutions!

Resolutions 2015
1. The 52 week money challenge- This involves saving almost $1000 by the end of the year
2. The Reading Challenge- Found on pinterest. So excited about this one!
3. $5 for each workout- I already owe myself $10
4. Go to a state you’ve never been- I'm going to the Grand Canyon for a wedding hopefully in October, so I should be able to knock this out. 
5. Be at goal weight by July 8th- Random date? No, its very significant. It's my 1 year surgery anniversary of turning my life around. 
6. Drop to a size 6- I NEVER thought I'd be a size 10 again. But I figured if I weighed 150, which is my goal weight, I'd be about a 10. Well, I'm still 30 lbs away, and already in a size 10 sooo going for the gold!
7. Measure each week on Fridays- I have been doing great with this! 
8. Find a new teaching job- Always working on it
9. Take a picture every day and post it #365pics- I love this one
10. Eat 70 grams a protein at least 5 days a week
11. Track food each day (make it a habit): I am really trying on this one. I do great some days and crap on others. Hence, trying to make it a habit
12. Organize the closets and extra room- already started this one!
13. Work on learning Spanish-I have duolingo, and its like rosetta stone, so I am trying to really use it!
14. Try 3 new recipes a month- already have this month's saved on my phone (another list!)

15. Get the plate at Flying Saucer- I always say, I wish I had my beer plate. It's 200 beers. I am going to do it!

Well there it is--my goals for the year. I realize trying to get in protein is ruined by my 200 beers--but I always wanted it so why not. Indulgence keeps me sane. 

What are you resolutions?


No comments:

Post a Comment