Sunday, March 22, 2015

Mini Meat Loaf Muffins--or you know, something about progress

I journal all the time, and even though I prefer to blog, journaling just comes easier. With that being said, sometimes I just like to add things that I did that are fun or new.
So, an update on me. I have lost 68 lbs. I have been stuck at 68 lbs for a couple of months. However, my body actually feels my pain and in return, has shrunk me down to a size 8. Now for those of you who don't know, I was pushing a size 18 this time last year. I would like to say I was only a 16, but no, 18 was coming if I didn't drastically change my life.
Now, to help keep up my weight loss, I have to eat protein...ALL. THE. TIME.
To encourage this, I am updating on the recipes I've learned or created to help get in my protein.
Today's recipe: Mini Meat Loafs with Cheese. I saw several variations of this on Pinterest, and I basically combined two recipes.

1 lb of ground beef
1/2 cup of chunky salsa (instead of peppers and tomatoes) and 1/2 cup for topping
3/4 cup of oats (I used quick cook oatmeal)
2 eggs
3/4 cup of mexi shredded cheese and 1 cup of mexi cheese (for topping)
2 tsp Italian seasoning
Onion powder
Basil
Meat tenderizer

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Mix all the ingredients together. For the last few seasonings, I basically just added for taste.
Grease a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, and then place on a foil covered cookie sheet (it helps distribute heat)
Spoon the mixture into each muffin spot and push the middle down with a spoon.
Bake for 20
Add the extra cheese and salsa in the middle of each muffin and cook for an additional 2-4 minutes

Enjoy!

Protein (appox): 24 g per muffin


This is them fresh out of the oven. They were very delicious! My boyfriend, who is a picky eater, ate 3. I had two and they were really good. If you have any questions, just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment